I was trying a drip technique with fluid acrylics. I kept adding paint until my little bottles were empty. I was happy with how it turned out, but I decided the sides of the canvas needed some color. That’s when I messed it up. I ended up with a fuzzy band of pink across the bottom.
The next time I try this method, I’ll use a thicker canvas to make it easier to paint the sides. I’ll also begin with the end in mind instead of deciding to try something new halfway into the process.
I was about to throw the painting away when it occurred to me that I might be able to tear it apart and use the pieces as collage elements.
I stared these tonight.
Hopefully, I’ll know when to say when with these. So far, I like them.