Let’s talk about:
- Multiple Myeloma
- Weight loss
- Exercising with MS
- Herbalists & Naturopaths
- Near Death Experience
- Life after death
That is a list of topics that are swimming around my head. It’s a prompt, of sorts-perhaps a promise.
I must blog about these topics, or else.
Or else what? I don’t know.
The prompt is gone.
Is it a good idea to sit down and list the things that are gone from your life? Let’s see how it goes.
1) My childhood (but, not really)
2) My modern dance technique (mostly)
3) My mother (but she’s always with me)
4) My Cincinnati Reds toboggan – some call it a knit cap (lost a few days ago)
5) My strong desire to perform (mostly)
6) My beer can collection (from childhood)
Some, but not all of my fears have disappeared. I’ve lost some bad habits and gained new ones. Counting losses doesn’t feel productive, but it may be a legitimate way to evaluate one’s life. Self-evaluation is something we should add do from time to time. Right?
Mom and me.
I’ve been meaning to write a post about my love of audiobooks, but I’m just not in the mood tonight. Instead, I offer this “5 Things” list like the one that came up on Timehop today.
1) Slept late and had interesting dreams that I can’t remember.
3) Sauteed some frozen kale (also from Lucky’s) in olive oil and garlic. Simple and flavorful.
4) Went to see Dad. Walked around the facility with him and sat on the front porch to enjoy the mild summer evening. It felt like Autumn today.
5) Went to MacDonald’s in Ellettsville and had the sausage burrito meal. I felt guilty for the less-than-healthy eating. I did resist the urge to buy ice cream at the grocery store.
The road to Ellettsville. Image shot with iPhone 6S Plus and edited in Waterlogue app.
1. Why didn’t I major in English?
2. Will I ever go to sleep at night and not wake up at 3 am -without a sleep aid?
3. Am I kidding myself?
4. Should I give up my dream?
5. Do I really know what my dream is?
6. What do I want to be when I grow up?
7. Why does a 42 year-old ask a question like the previous one?
8. Are there alternate realities in other dimensions?
9. Can I leave here for a while and then come back?
10. Will I always be indecisive?
11. Do I really believe that my day will come?
12. Is my day already here?
1. I slept late this morning because I don’t feel so well after coming home from Gen Con.
2. I bought coffee from the cafe at work because I was too lazy make an extra trek from my desk to the kitchenette to use the Keurig.
3. I got fitted for a scleral content lens today. There may be hope for my freaky keratoconic right eye after all.
4. I listened to V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton in the car today. I’ll be sad when the book is over.
5. We went to Walmart to pick up photos from a mystery roll of film that Ernie dropped off last week. He opened the envelope and had no idea who any of the people in the pictures were. We might as well have thrown our $9.96 out the window as we drove down Curry Pike.
Bonus thing from today
6. I found my Q.